jueves, 30 de julio de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: YOU ASKED FOR IT

"YOU ASKED FOR IT"



You can say "You asked for it!" when you think someone deserves the punishment they're getting or the trouble they're in. 

Example: I knew the risks when I started smoking, so now that I've got lung cancer all I can say to myself is "You asked for it!" 

Te lo buscaste.

Example sentences:

  • You asked for it, you know. How can expect to keep your job when you keep coming to work late? / Sabes que te lo buscaste. ¿Cómo esperabas mantener tu trabajo cuando seguías llegando tarde?

  • My brother said "You asked for it!" after my wife left me / Mi hermano dijo "Te lo buscaste" después de que me dejó mi esposa.

Additional examples:

  • Bill: The tax people just ordered me to pay a big fine. Bob: The careless way you do your tax forms caused it. You asked for it!  

  • I'm not surprised she lost her job - she was really asking for it.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario