viernes, 10 de julio de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: PUT YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH

"PUT YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH"



If you put your foot in your mouth you say or do the wrong thing and usually make matters worse.

Example: I really put my foot in my mouth when I asked her how her husband was. I forgot that he died last year.

Metí la pata.

Example sentences:

  • Every time he speaks he puts his foot in his mouth / Él todo el tiempo mete la pata.

  • I really put my foot in my mouth. I felt so embarrassed / Realmente metí la pata. Me sentí avergonzada.

Additional examples:

  • When I told Ann that her hair was more beautiful than I had ever seen it, I really put my foot in my mouth.

  • Charles put his foot in his mouth when he asked the overweight girl if she was pregnant.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario