jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: ONCE AND FOR ALL

"ONCE AND FOR ALL"
If you do something once and for all, you do it in a way that's final and it means you'll never have to do it again.

Example: I was tired of getting new glasses every few years so I decided to solve my eyesight problem once and for all and have laser surgery.

De una vez por todas.

Example sentences:

  • Jim said he's decided once and for all that he's going to stay single and never get married again / Jim dijo que decidió de una vez por todas que se quedará soltero y nunca se casará de nuevo.

  • I'm tired of having to get my teeth fixed all the time, so I've decided to solve the problem once and for all by getting false teeth / Estoy cansado de tener que arreglarme los dientes todo el tiempo, entonces he decidido que para resolver el problema de una vez por todas conseguiré una dentadura postiza.

Additional examples:


  • I'm going to get this place organized once and for all! That'll be the day! "We need to get this straightened out once and for all," said Bob, for the fourth time today.


  • I'm fed up with arguing about this. Let's just settle this argument once and for all.


  • He claims his photographs prove once and for all that UFOs do exist.


El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario