miércoles, 6 de mayo de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON

"LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON"


Fathers and sons resemble each other, and sons tend to do what their fathers did before them.

Example: George's father smoked all the time, and now George is smoking excessively, too. Like father, like son, eh?

De tal palo, tal astilla.

Example sentences:

  • Kevin decided to run for mayor. Like father, like son / Kevin decidió postularse para alcalde. De tal palo, tal astilla.

  • I think my son will grow up tall, just like his father. Like father, like son / Creo que mi hijo crecerá alto igual que su padre. De tal palo, tal astilla.

Additional examples:

  • I’m going to go fishing! Me too! I love fishing! Like father, like son.

  • My father is a doctor, I am a doctor, and my son is in Medical school. Like father, like son.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario