miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: KEEP AN EYE ON

"KEEP AN EYE ON"
 
 

If you keep an eye on someone, you make sure you know what they're doing.

Example: The media has promised to keep an eye on the new government and report anything that seems suspicious.

Echar el ojo.

Example sentences:

  • I'm a bit worried about Hannah's health so could you keep an eye on her while I'm away / Estoy un poco preocupado por la salud de Hanna, ¿le podrías echar un ojo mientras estoy fuera?

  • I'm going to the shop so could you keep an eye on the baby? / Voy a la tienda, ¿le puedes echar un ojo al bebé?

Additional examples:

  • I have my eye on the apple tree. When the apples ripen, I'll harvest them.

  • Will you please keep your eye on my house while I'm on vacation?

 
 
 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario