lunes, 4 de mayo de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

"BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY"







You should be cautious, if you are not, you may regret it.



Example: Better safe than sorry so I always leave early when I go to the airport. 



Más vale prevenir que lamentar.



Example sentences:



  • It is better to be safe than sorry and I always bring my umbrella to work when it is a cloudy day / Más vale prevenir que lamentar, siempre traigo mi paraguas al trabajo cuando es un día nublado.



  • I don't need a tetanus shot just because I stepped on a nail. I still think you should get one. Better be safe than sorry / No necesito una vacuna contra el tétano solo porque pisé un clavo. Sigo pensando que debes de tenerla. Más vale prevenir que lamentar.



Additional examples:



  • It may be time-consuming to check the oil in your car every time you buy gasoline, but better safe than sorry.



  • I'll hold the ladder while you climb up. Better safe than sorry.



  • Concerned about the attacks, he sent his son out of the village, figuring, better safe than sorry.







El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario