sábado, 24 de enero de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS

"IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS"


When one bad thing happens, a lot of other bad things also happen, making the situation even worse.

Example: I can't believe this, this morning I had a flat tire; when I went to the garage to get the tire patched, I discovered I didn't have any money, and I couldn't even charge it because my credit card's expired. It never rains but it pours.

Las desgracias nunca vienen solas.

  • First of all it was the car breaking down, then the fire in the kitchen and now Mike's accident. It never rains but it pours! / En primer lugar, se descompuso el coche, entonces el fuego en la cocina y ahora accidente de Mike. Las desgracias nunca vienen solas!

  • It looks like everyone in our department is sick again, and all at the same time.When it rains, it pours / Parece que todos en nuestro departamento estan enfermos y todos al mismo tiempo. Las desgracias nunca vienen solas.

Additional examples:

  • It hadn't rained for over two months. Now it has started raining and it has been raining for a week straight. When it rains, it pours.

  • Got the phone bill yesterday and now the gas bill, it never rains but it pours.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario