jueves, 1 de enero de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH

"A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH"



A feeling that something is false or unfair.

Example: I left the meeting with a bad taste in my mouth. There was a lot of dishonesty in the room.

Un mal sabor de boca.

  • The whole business about the missing money left a bad taste in his mouth / Todo el asunto del dinero faltante le dejó un mal sabor de boca.

  • It was a very nice hotel, but something about it left a bad taste in my mouth / Era un hotel muy bonito pero algo me dejó un mal sabor de boca.

Additional Examples:
  • I think we all felt that he'd been treated unfairly and it left a bad taste in people's mouth.

  • Violent movies always leave a bad taste in my mouth.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario