miércoles, 10 de septiembre de 2014

TODAY'S IDIOM: UP A BLIND ALLEY

"UP A BLIND ALLEY"



Going down a course of action that leads to a bad outcome.

Example: I have been trying to find out something about my ancestors, but I'm up a blind alley. I can't find anything.

Un callejón sin salida.

Example sentences:

  • The police are up a blind alley in their investigation of the crime / La policía está en un callejón sin salida en su investigación del crimen.

  • I pray that somehow you're going to get out of this dreadful blind alley you're in / Pido a Dios que de alguna manera tú vas a salir de este terrible callejón sin salida.

Additional examples:

  • That line of reasoning will only lead you up another blind alley.  

  • A lot of the time I feel I've pursued people unreasonably down a blind alley.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario