lunes, 11 de agosto de 2014

TODAY'S IDIOM: STEER CLEAR OF

"STEER CLEAR OF"

If you steer clear of something, you don't go near it because it could harm you or cause you a problem.

Example: I'd steer clear of that guy if I were you. He's a bit crazy and he's always looking for a fight with someone.

Mantenerse alejado de...

Example sentences:

  • My doctor said I should steer clear of spicy foods until I feel better / Mi doctor me dijo que debería de mantenerme alejado de los alimentos picantes hasta que me sienta mejor.

  • Tell your kids to steer clear of that dog. I was told that it bites people / Dígale a sus hijos que se mantengan alejados de ese perro. Me dijeron que muerde a la gente.

Additional examples:


  • John is mad at me, so I've been steering clear of him.


  • Steer clear of that book. It has many errors in it.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario